SP Sepharose Fast Flow is a sulphopropyl (SP) strong cation exchange chromatography resin for fast protein purification.
- Well established strong cation exchanger.
- Based on Sepharose Fast Flow ion exchange resin.
- High chemical stability enables proven CIP and sanitization protocols.
- Hydrophilic base matrix ensures low levels of nonspecific binding and low levels of host cell-derived impurities in the elution pool.
- Fulfills industrial demands for security of supply, robust performance, and regulatory support.
SP Sepharose Fast Flow uses the Sepharose Fast Flow ion exchange resin, which is well established in industrial downstream processing. The highly crosslinked agarose resin enables high flow rates and high productivity.
Composed of crosslinked 6% agarose beads with sulphopropyl (SP) strong cation exchange groups, this resin has high chemical stability, allowing well proven cleaning-in-place (CIP) and sanitization protocols.
Scale-up with these SP media (resins) is straightforward. Scale-up is further aided by a range of prepacked process development tools, for example PreDictor 96-well plates, PreDictor RoboColumns™, and HiTrap columns.
For even faster flow rates and better binding capacity in scale-up, Capto S and other Capto resins are a good option.