Butyl-S Sepharose 6 Fast Flow is the least hydrophobic resin in the Sepharose Fast Flow hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) range and is particularly useful during the initial stages of a purification process to remove the bulk of impurities
- Binds and elutes relatively strong hydrophobic molecules at comparatively low salt concentrations
- The least hydrophobic resin in the well proven Sepharose Fast Flow HIC range
- Purifies recombinant Hepatitis B virus surface antigen from CHO cells
- Developed and optimized in cooperation with a process-scale manufacturer of biopharmaceuticals
- The hydrophilic nature of the base matrix ensures low levels of non-specific binding.
Butyl-S Sepharose 6 Fast Flow is part of the Sepharose Fast Flow HIC platform, which has been an industrial standard for HIC chromatography during recent decades.
Butyl-S Sepharose 6 Fast Flow is composed of cross-linked 6% agarose beads modified with butyl groups via a thio-ether linkage. It will exhibit a different selectivity compared to Butyl Sepharose 4 Fast Flow and other HIC Sepharose Fast Flow products.
This resin is designed for the binding and elution of relatively strong hydrophobic molecules at comparatively low salt concentrations. Butyl-S Sepharose 6 Fast Flow is particularly useful during the initial stages of a separation process to remove the bulk of impurities without stringent requirements for conditioning of the sample (e.g. adjustment of pH, salt concentration etc.)
Butyl-S Sepharose 6 Fast Flow is available in a range of different bulk pack sizes and convenient pre-packed formats for easy scale-up and process development. As member of the BioProcess resins range, Butyl-S Sepharose 6 Fast Flow meets industrial demands with security of supply and comprehensive technical and regulatory support