rProtein A Sepharose 4 Fast Flow is an affinity resin for antibody purification at laboratory and process scale.
- For monoclonal and polyclonal antibody purification at both laboratory and process scale.
- Well established among Protein A resins as excellent for monoclonal antibody (mAb) processes.
- Free from animal-derived components.
- Hydrophilic base matrix ensures low levels of non-specific binding and low levels of host cell-derived impurities in the elution pool.
- Fulfills industrial demands for security of supply, robust performance, and regulatory support.
Monoclonal and polyclonal antibody purification
rProtein A Sepharose 4 Fast Flow is built upon the well-established Sepharose Fast Flow platform and is used in many approved monoclonal antibody processes. It is composed of recombinant protein A coupled to the cross-linked 4% agarose base matrix.The highly crosslinked agarose resin enables high flow rates and high productivity.
Protein A resin characteristics
The recombinant protein is produced in E. coli and engineered with an oriented coupling to enhance binding capacity. Epoxy-based coupling ensures low ligand leakage. Specificity of the recombinant protein for the Fc region of IgG is similar to the native protein, giving a high degree of selectivity and yield.