HisTrap HP prepacked columns provide a fast, convenient and reproducible format for preparative purification of histidine-tagged (His-tag) recombinant proteins.
- High resolution: due to small bead size (average bead size is 34µm)
- High binding capacity: at least 40mg His tag protein per mL resin, for high yields
- Negligible nickel leakage: helps retain activity and minimize protein precipitation
- Broad reagent compatibility: suitable for use with a wide range of reducing agents, detergents, denaturants, and other additives
- Convenient HiTrap format: 1mL and 5mL columns compatible with syringe, pump, or chromatography systems such as ÄKTA or other FPLC systems
Ni Sepharose High Performance columns
His tag protein purification by IMAC is both popular and highly efficient. HisTrap HP columns are packed with Ni Sepharose High Performance (HP) affinity resin. This resin consists of highly cross-linked agarose beads to which a chelating group has been coupled. The chelating group is precharged with nickel, which selectively retains proteins with exposed histidine groups.
HisTrap HP IMAC resin has a binding capacity that exceeds 40mg/mL, resulting in high protein recovery. The small bead size (34µm) contributes to a purer purification compared to nickel resins of larger bead size.