Capto MMC is a multimodal weak cation exchanger that is salt-tolerant. It has a different selectivity, compared with traditional ion exchangers.
- Multimodal cation exchanger with a different selectivity than traditional ion exchangers.
- High dynamic binding capacity at high conductivity increases productivity.
- High-volume throughput cuts process times.
- Smaller unit operations give cost-effective processing and reduce investments.
- Resin fulfills industrial demands for security of supply, robust performance, and regulatory support.
An alternative solution to traditional ion exchangers
Capto MMC combines agarose base matrix developments with innovative ligand chemistry. It is composed of a rigid, high-flow agarose matrix and a novel multimodal ligand. The multimodal functionality gives Capto MMC a different selectivity, compared with traditional ion exchangers.
This resin can be used to bind proteins at the conductivity of the feed material. It can also be used to solve specific purification challenges at both high and low ionic strengths.
Hydrogen bonding and hydrophobic interactions
The ligand contains a carboxylic group. Thus, its features partly resemble a weak cation exchanger. Hydrogen bonding and hydrophobic interactions are also involved.