Butyl Sepharose High Performance is an aliphatic hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) medium, designed for intermediate and polishing step purification steps when high resolution has priority. Butyl Sepharose High Performance is a member of the Cytiva range of HIC resins for intermediate purification and polishing of proteins. Butyl Sepharose High Performance is based on highly crosslinked, 34µm agarose beads modified with aliphatic butyl groups via uncharged, chemically stable ether linkages. It is a truly hydrophobic resin displaying a minimum of ionic interactions. Butyl Sepharose High Performance resins is particularly well suited for intermediate purification and polishing steps providing high resolution due to the small particle size.
- Aliphatic HIC resin designed for intermediate purification and polishing steps
- Selectivity similar to Butyl Sepharose 4 Fast Flow but higher resolution due to the smaller 34 µm bead size
- Relatively high ligand density for high dynamic binding capacity even at relatively low salt concentrations
- BioProcess resin supported for industrial applications
- The hydrophilic nature of the base matrix ensures low levels of non-specific binding