Corning Matrigel matrix, is a solubilised basement membrane preparation extracted from the Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) mouse sarcoma, a tumor rich in such ECM proteins as laminin (a major component), collagen IV, heparin sulfate proteoglycans, entactin/nidogen, and a number of growth factors.
This natural ECM-based hydrogel is among the most widely used models for 2D and 3D cell culture in vitro, enabling you to:
Improve the attachment and differentiation of both normal and transformed anchorage-dependent epitheliod cells, as well as other cell types.
Better mimic environments for 2D and 3D cell culture applications.
LDEV-free EHS tumor
Corning Matrigel matrix is effective for the attachment and differentiation of both normal and transformed anchorage-dependent epithelioid and other cell types. These include neurons, Sertoli cells, chick lens, vascular endothelial cells, and hepatocytes-
· Influencing gene expression in adult rat hepatocytes
· 3D culture in mouse and human mammary epithelial cells
· o peripheral nerve regeneration
· Metabolism and toxicology studies
· The development of several types of tumor cell invasion assays
· ropagation of human tumors in immunosuppressed mice
The maintenance of human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem (hiPS) cells
Suitable for culture of polarized cells, such as epithelial cells.
Promotes differentiation of many cell types, including hepatocytes, neurons, beta-islets, mammary epithelial, endothelial, and smooth muscle cells.
High Concentration (HC)
Higher protein concentration provides greater matrix stiffness and scaffold integrity.
Suitable for cell delivery applications for improved cell engraftment and augmentation of solid tumour formation.
Growth Factor Reduced (GFR)
Suited for applications where a more highly defined basement membrane preparation is desired. Available in standard, Phenol red-free, and GFR formulations.
Phenol Red Free
Suitable for assays that require colour detection (e.g., colorimetric, fluorescence).Available in standard, GFR, and HC formulations.
Pre-screened for compatibility with mTeSR®1 medium by Stem Cell Technologies, providing the reproducibility and consistency essential for human embryonic and induced pluripotent feeder-free stem cell culture.
Corning Dispase, 100mL, is a bacillus-derived neutral metalloprotease recommended for recovering cells cultured on Corning Matrigel Basement Membrane Matrix
Corning® Cell Recovery Solution, 100mL, enables the recovery of cells cultured on Corning® Matrigel® Basement Membrane Matrix for subsequent biochemical analyses.
- Mouse colonies routinely screened for pathogens via Mouse Antibody Production (MAP) testing
- Extensive PCR testing performed to screen for a number of pathogens
- Tested and found negative for bacteria, fungi, and mycoplasma
- Protein concentrations determined by Lowry method
- Endotoxin units measured by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate assay
- Gel stability tested for a period of 14 days at 37°C
- Biological activity determined for each lot using neurite outgrowth assay.
EHS mouse tumor
- Cell Growth and Differentiation
- Metabolism/Toxicology Studies
- Invasion Assays
- In Vitro and In Vivo Angiogenesis Assays
- In Vivo Angiogenesis Studies and Augmentation of Tumors in Immunosuppressed Mice
Preparation and Storage
Store at -20°C. Avoid multiple freeze-thaws.