BIOTAQ™ is a purified thermostable DNA polymerase offering high yield over a wide range of PCR templates, and is a good choice for routine assays. BIOTAQ is a robust preparation and delivers high yields with minimal background. BIOTAQ possesses 5´-3´ exonuclease activity and leaves an ´A´ overhang such that the PCR product is suitable for effective integration into TA cloning vectors.
BIOTAQ is supplied with 10x NH4-based Reaction Buffer, which provides optimal conditions for most experiments. Additional MgCl2 is provided to allow reaction conditions to be adjusted to suit the template.
- Good standard Taq polymerase - ideal for setting up new procedures
- Easy to use - designed for easy optimization of PCR applications
- Suitable for TA cloning - leaves 'A' overhang
- Applications: Routine PCR applications, TA cloning
- Components: BIOTAQ DNA Polymerase, 10x NH4 Reaction Buffer, 50mM MgCl2 Solution
- Unit Definition: One unit will incorporate 10nmoles of dNTPs in 30min at 72°
- Concentration: 5u/µl
- Storage Conditions: BIOTAQ can be stored at -20°C until the expiry data on the outer box label, repeated freeze/thaw cycles should be avoided