The 3M™ Microbial Luminescence System (MLS) is a rapid assay specifically designed to detect the presence of microbial ATP in Ultra High Temperature (UHT) and aseptically packaged fluid milk. 3M has harnessed ATP bioluminescence as a proven, effective method for dairy end product screening.The 3M MLS allows faster positive release of products over 48 hours sooner than traditional methods, in a semi-automated format for high throughput applications.
- Rapid microbial detection system uses ATP bioluminescence in a microwell based instrument to detect the presence of microbial ATP in sterile dairy and dairy-type products
- Allows rapid assessment of UHT or ESL milk and sterile dairy samples that have already been incubated within their pack
- A rapid alternative to traditional microbiological assessment of these samples
- Specially designed to exclude the ATP from non-microbial sources and measure only microbial ATP in a light output format of RLUs (Relative Light Units)
- The measurement of microbial ATP represents the presence of microbial contamination in the product