Rapidly confirm the identity of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from culture plates by red blood cell agglutination using Thermo Scientific™ Staphylase™ Test.
Use this rapid agglutination test for the identification of Staphylococcus aureus by detection of clumping factor. Clumping factor is detected through agglutination of fibrinogen-sensitized sheep red blood cells. The specificity of the reaction is ensured by a simultaneous test with a control reagent (unsensitized sheep red blood cells) when no clumping reaction should be observed. A positive result is obtained if clumping of the test cell suspensions occurs during mixing. This indicates the presence of Staphylococcus aureus.
Included in the kit is a test reagent consisting of rabbit fibrogen-sensitized sheep red blood cells, control reagent consisting of unsensitized sheep red blood cells, and disposable reaction cards. Each kit contains sufficient reagent for 100 tests.
- Fast: Most results available overnight
- Simple and Economical: Simple microplate format
- Easy-to-read and Interpret
- Flexible: Use single strips or a combined system for more complex identifications. Ideal for use in clinical or food microbiology laboratories.
- Reliable: A comprehensive range of biochemical tests based on published reference methodologies